|Drafting of policy standards|
OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health and Safety Management Certification is an international standard which provides a framework to identify, control and decrease the risks associated with health and safety within the workplace. Implementing the standard will send a clear signal to your stakeholders that you view employee’s health and safety as a priority within your organisation.
Purpose of OHSAS 18001:
1. It identifies the hazards that are in the work place and provides a framework to apply effective preventive controls.
2. It prevents any form of injury or heath issues among the work force
3. It reduces the lost time accidents and therefore, it prevents extra costs.
4. It evaluates the compliance as per the legislative requirements.
5. It improves upon the safety of the work culture.
6. It identifies the areas for training
7. It improves upon the productivity of the workforce
8. It promotes the work quality of the company
9. It assists with the pre qualification process from the customers.
Benefits of OHSAS Certification:
1. Customer Satisfaction: You are not only safeguarding the employees in his case, you are also safeguarding the customer’s health through this certification.
2. Reduces costs of operations: The certification will make sure that the amounts of accidents are close to null. To that end, the operations won’t cost you much.
3. Legal compliance: As you are adhering to the compliances, you will be able to make sure that you are safe in the legal matters
4. The risk management systems are improved: the OHSAS provides a framework to make sure that your working environment is safe. Due to this, the risk management systems are improved as well.
5. The business credentials are improved as well: As your work force is safe, you advertise it that way. This advert can provide you more credentials.
6. You can win a lot more credentials from other businessmen as well: The safer your working environment is the more businesses look at you as a safe bet.
You file the OHSAS request form 1 Days
The assessment that takes place. 2 Days
You will have to show that your Occupational health and Safety management system has been working for about 3 month. 3 -4 Days
Certification is then issues after a proper assessment has been done of the company. 5 -7 Days