Spice Powder Manufacturing Business- Startup Plan
Spice Powder Making Business ensures a good return with low investment, any individual can start this business; even home-based spice making business is profitable. India is known as the land of spices because India is the largest producer and exports of species.
Spice powder is an essential ingredient in cooking, none of the Indian food is made without spices every food industry consume spices, spices are available in various form according to the base material is used to make the spice powder.
Spices help to bring aroma, color and good taste of food, Commonly consumed spices in India are turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander powder, cumin etc; spices are always in the glossary list of every Indian home
The demand for spices in the Domestic and International Market is growing day by day; estimated 6 million tones spices were exported from India during the year 2016-17; Chili Powder and Garlic Powder are on the top of the exporting spices list.
Licenses and Licenses Required
Spice powder making business is categories under the food industry, food processing industries are demand for several registrations from a state government & have to follow some law of state government related to the food industry.
1) Registration of Firm: You may start the small to medium scale cashew nut processing unit either a Proprietorship or Partnership Firm.If you are starting this business as One Person Company, then you have to register your firm as a proprietorship.For partnership operation, you have to register as a limited liability partnership (LLP) or Pvt. Ltd. Company with Registrar of Companies (ROC).
2) GST Registration: It is compulsory to take GST Number for every business.
3) Trade License: Obtain tread license from local authorities
4) MSME/SSI Registration: Register your business with Udyog adhar MEMS registration it will help you to get the facility and subsidy from the state government
5) Trade Mark: Secure your brand you need to apply for a trademark.
6) Food Safety and Standard Authority of India (FSSAI): Spice powder is a food item so you need to get food operation license and FSSI license which is compulsory for every food industry.
7) IEC code: if you are planning for Export of spice you need to apply for IEC code.
8) BIS certification: Apply for BIS certification, ISI specification for ground spices are
Black hole and ground ISI-1798-1961
Chili powder ISI-2445-1963
Coriander powder ISI-2444-1963
Curry powder ISI-1909-1961
Methods of sampling and test of Spices and condiment ISI-1997-1961
Turmeric powder ISI-2446-1963
It is advisable to obtain AGMARK certification.
Indian Spice powder has a huge demand in foreign countries, if you are looking for export market then you need IEC code
Brand and Uniqueness:
Cooking Magazines and Books: You can promote in strength cooking magazines and books.
Promoting material: These might be connected once your business has extended. Leave promoting material in various areas in the location where you are working.
Newspaper: This is beneficial once your business has expanded you can post the advertising in the local newspaper.
INVESTMENT OF BUSINESS- RS 50,000 to 1 lac
EARNING (IF SELLING 100 kg PER DAY WITH PROFIT MARGIN OF 60% per KG )-RS 60,000 TO 1.5 LAC PER MONTH
PROFIT MARGIN OF BUSINESS-AROUND 50% to 70%