A type of business or company that buys and sells a variety of fabric or textile. The textile industry is the industry responsible for taking a raw material, like cotton or wool, and spinning it into yarn that is later used to create a fabric. All of the processes involved in the converting of the raw material into a finished product – developing, producing, manufacturing, and distributing textiles – are included in the industry.
Types of Fabrics
The textile industry utilizes many different types of fabrics, but all of them can be broken down into two major categories, natural and synthetic. Natural fabrics are those that occur naturally from things like animals (sheep, silkworms, alpacas) and plants (cotton and flax). Synthetic fabrics are those that are created in a lab and are man-made. Some examples of synthetic fabrics include rayon, spandex, polyester, and nylon.
Step to Start a Textile Business
Initiation of Idea to Start a Textile Business:-
To start a textile activity, you must first ensure that you gather enough knowledge not only about how to prepare the work, but also about the product you want to sell. Similarly, the sufficient amount of funds to run business activities without problems. Deep knowledge of the fabric, in this case, such as the way it is manufactured or the way to produce better quality than its competitors, will help you climb the ladder of success.
Textile Product Market in India
You should start contacting manufacturers and suppliers to determine the type of cloth you want to transport. To do this, you must have a good knowledge of the India’s major textile markets, textile market size, fashion design agencies, etc. From where you can buy a high quality product for your store at a reasonable price.
1 – Hill Road: – This is one of the best clothing markets in Mumbai. It is one place that you need to explore whenever searching for the cheapest wholesale cloths in India. It could be women’s tops, men’s T – shirts and even children’s wears.
2 – Hindmata Market :- This market is also interestingly referred to as Dadar’s Saree Market. It is located in Mumbai. Some of the items you will come across are Sherwanis, Lehengas, Suits, Salwars, and Sarees.
3 – Nehru Place It is a wholesale market for clothes where you will be having access to great hand-loomed fabrics. These could be Georgette, Crepe, Silk, or even Cotton.
4 – Chandni Chowk :-This contains about 3 textiles markets which are Katra Neel, Kinari Bazaar, and Cloth Market.
5 – Chickpet Garment Market:- This market is located in Bangalore. it gives you access to readymade garments that you can instantly sell to end – users.
6 – Lokhandwala Market This is a top wholesale readymade cloth market in Mumbai. Searching for the perfect wholesale cloth market in Mumbai, Lokhandwala Market ticks all the boxes with its top quality products.
7- Shanti Mohalla: – Shanti Mohalla is a clothing market that is located in Seelampur, New Delhi. It is a place that offers you access to various types of pants that are custom – made. Some of the fabrics you will find at very cheap rates are rayon, corduroys, and denims.
8- Tibet Market: – This is located in Raipur. Some of the clothing items you will be getting here are monkey caps, mufflers, sweaters, sweatshirts, jackets. With this market, you will never run short of new arrivals.
9- Meherchand Market:- This is a wholesale cloth market in Delhi that you need to check out for the best clothing materials at prices that are highly competitive.
Arrangement of Funds for:-
- Licensing and permitting fees.
- Store fixtures.
- Initial inventory.
- Equipment and technology.
- Web hosting.
7) Business insurance.
9) Operating Expenses.
- E-commerce Site: – To start online textile business or want to know how to start textile business, Seller must have to focus on these things.
- The customer can easily find the desired product).
- The focus of an e-commerce site should be on products available for purchase.
- Easy payment method.
- Seller need to create a strong brand is important for online and offline sales.
- In the online sale, the buyer can not touch or see the product. Therefore, the seller need to providing high-quality images & accurately describe the product can help overcome this challenge and make it easier to purchase.
- Textile Outlet: – To set a textile outlet, Seller must have to focus on these things.
- Open a outlet where no. of customer in higher and less competition.
- A fact of retail market of India, many buyers not get proper attention from the seller due to other buyer at same time, therefore the seller should focus on every customer.
- Next step is to make sure that customer also continue to walk through outlet to get the maximum exposure to products. That increase the chances to sales.
- Social Media Marketing: -When the Internet/online platform is growing rapidly; this will chance to lead a service in business, if you create your online presence. One of the easiest ways for people to see you as an expert in your field is through Instagram and constantly blogging about fabrics and fashion styles. You may also want to take advantage of social networking platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn etc., to make your textile business known. The most important thing is you must pay attention to the biggest SEO platform–Google.
- Catalogue preparation: – business need is to prepare a complete catalogue that contains all kinds of textiles and sewing accessories. The catalogue must be the first marketing tool, so you should ensure that it is designed and of high quality.
- Make network and grow:-. Join an association of owners of textile stores in your area.
- Television:- TV is an effective multimedia media tool that allows advertisers to reach a broad audience. The large size of the audience increases the chances of sales from a TV-based advertising campaign.
- Viral Marketing:- Viral marketing is online communication channels, including videos and emails that can reach thousands of people in a short period of time.
- Promotional Products:- Promotional products, such as bags, umbrellas, pens or laptops that contain the company logo, are effective advertising tools as they lead to the emergence of a long-term brand, as long as the owners use them.
Order management and payment system:-
It must be a full professional team for system management and payment system. There should be no unnecessary delay in completing the order requirement, and seriously consider that different customers prefer different payment options. All possible solutions must be provided for the facility of customers.
- Payment with cash
- Payment via bank transfer
- Payment via online bank transfer
- Payment via credit cards/Point of Sale Machines
- Payment via mobile money transfer
- Payment via check
- Payment via bank draft